Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Real Women Eat Quiche!

Tuesday, Sept. 15

I was awake again at 5:00 this morning but it was due to a coughing fit and had to finally get some meds for this now 2 week old crud. It doesn't look good for me to attend Bootcamp
tomorrow. Even though it will make for a really long day, I really want to challenge myself
with the early class and running, to see if I can do it! So much of my exercise is in moderation
while teaching classes that I don't have the opportunity to workout just for myself.
The crab quiche actually was very good. I also realized that this is a dish that my husband can
manage for those nights I work that he is in charge of dinner. Since we can't eat until 8:00 I really like the high protein/low carb recipe and it really is filling! I say bring back the quiche!

Crustless Crab Quiche Serves 4 Calories - 270 Carbs - 5g Protein - 34g Fat - 6g
Ingredients:
6 eggs
1/2 cup heavy cream ( I used half & half)
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 cup finely chopped roasted red bell pepper (didn't have any)
8 oz. cooked crab meat of your choice
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Directions:1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and butter a 9-inch pie plate or quiche dish. In a large mixing bowl, beat together eggs, cream, salt and pepper. Stir in onion and roasted pepper. Fold in crab meat.2. Pour mixture into prepared dish and sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until egg is set and top is lightly browned. Remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Have a great class tomorrow!
Debi :)

No comments:

Post a Comment